Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The unofficial cold air intake forum.

Thread: The unofficial cold air intake forum.

SCH Member

The unofficial Fox Mustang cold air intake forum.

Been contemplating building a cold air intake for my 90GT Novi 1000 setup.

I cannot get the Paxton Air Box cover on due to the location of my A/C lines and 'sides the idea of sucking 200 degree air into the K&N has to negate some of the gain of the Novi Supercharger. I can build a PVC one, but I seen Steves and Ians setup and like their ideas better.

Lets see some pics and some stories of what you guys have made for plumbing cold air intakes, what you used, and any MAF sensor clocking issues you may have run into and what kind of MAFS you are using ( in my case, MAF location did make a difference!).

You mean Mass Air meters right? I've just never had someone refer to them as Map sensors as those are mounted on the firewall and measure manifold absolute pressure.

I haven't mounted one as yet but I will be putting it in the fenderwell.. I'll be running an 80mm C&L on my car. I know a lot of people don't like those (I've heard just as many complain about Pro-M, so to each his own) but I got some info from C&L about installing them. I was calling to verify my calibration tubes I got with my 80mm that I got on eBay. He asked me if I was using this on a blower car and of course I said yes. He said to make sure you run it as far away as possible from the inlet of the blower and that it has a good section of straight pipe after the mass air meter. He said air turbulence can cause a lot of driveability problems for not just their meter, but others as well. Having the piping bend right away after the meter or having it too close to the blower inlet will cause such conditions. He said if you encounter any problems with the way the car runs, disconnect the blower belt. The car will still run, but if it idles better then you know you have to move the mass air or reconfigure your set up. He also mentioned that the by pass return can cause a problem too. He mentioned the bypass inlet that feeds back into the inlet pipe of your blower should be as close as possible to the blower. This shouldn't be a problem if you maintain the location Paxton uses in their 2K kits, but some people do it wrong when they fab up their own Power Pipe. He said if it's too far from the blower it can backwash back through the meter and the air will be re-read by the meter which is not good.

Good posts guys! I agree about what TheHawk05 says about people not fabbing their own powerpipes correctly. I tried fabbing one out of PVC pipe and where the Mass Air Meter would mount up there was a curve immediately after it. I had a BAD RICH condition from it, and my car would feel like POOO on top end. Lets not even talk about it idling! The plugs would foul out!

I like IAN's powerpipe! I need to get me one for sure!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    Try and find an old MAC cold air intake,or buy one.I used the one off my buddy's 88 lx . Works perfect with a little cutting . now I have 4" cold air and a 3.5" chrome upper tube to replace that ugly plastic one.Then lose the old air filter , use the mac it's much bigger.On the upper tube you will have to weld on a fitting for your blow off valve. This will look very sweet. if you like the chrome look.
    89 red aod lx ,stock 5.0, novi 1000@10PSI,ATI procharger blow off,msd6a w/btm, bassani x , 255 intank,373's,c&l 76mm,frp24lb inj.,Kirban press reg. autometer guages ,F-150pulley, t-5conversion,snow performance water methonal inj.,Apex super AFC fuel control unit ,mac eq. headers, asp2.75 blower pulley. NEW BEST TIME 12.9@110 ,2.0 60FT

I have modded the intake pipe (elbow) from my old mac CAI kit! LoL chrome looks cool! I just took it down to a local muffler shop to have the weld the fitting for the bypass valve! It looks PURRRRRRRRRRTTTTYYYYY (pretty)!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Here is my setup and it was as good as free. LOL I did have to cut up my stock rubber MAF to TB tube which I understand it becoming a hard part to come by but I didn't care.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).