Thread: Throttle bodies

SCH Member

Throttle bodies

What size are you all running? Are there issues with bottom end power on the bigger ones?
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Senior SCH Member
    65mm.there could be some low end torque loss if too big..i have 600+rwhp w/the 65..as u prob already know the bigger the TB opening the less speed a same given amount of air w/travel thru it.(Volumetric efficiency) however,the loss could be made up on top in all out race car..prob not on street though..bigger is not always better except in cubes in my exp's/opinion..too many folks are running way too big tb's as proven on dyno(unless that is the flow restriction)normally it's the heads, not tb...

I am running a 65mm TB as well,,, Not too long ago I saw a write up on a TB that had interchangable venturies,,,, it was pretty trick,, I think w/o any venturi it was 75mm,, but you can add the venturies to make it either 70 or 65mm,,, you should look around for that one,, then you can experiment,,, Bee

Senior SCH Member
    I run a 70mm now, when air is being forced in you can get away with a bigger throttle body. I did run some 11.80s @ 120 a few years ago with a stock 60mm tb.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

Senior SCH Member
    mine is 75mm
    --
    93 GT

SCH Member
    I have a 70mm right now, it isn't good right now cause I am breaking in the motor without the S/C . I had a buddie who needed a bigger tb so he got my 65mm, I think I want it back! Maybe it will get better with the S/C, will it?
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Banned by Admin
    I'm still running the stock 60mm.

Yes,, the throttle body will definitely perform better once you put on the SC... Bee

Junior SCH Member
    Just put a accufab 75 on mine with a track heat intake.

Seems to work great together.
    Chris
    89 GT convrt
    s-trim, heads, cam, intake, etc.