Thread: S-Trim Supercharger Oil Problem

Junior SCH Member

S-Trim Supercharger Oil Problem

!I will start by saying sorry for the long post! I just wanted to give all the info I have so that maybe someone has had this problem or can help.

I have a 1997 Ford Mustang V6 3.8L with a Vortech S-Trim Supercharger.

The problem I am having is, there is oil getting into the exhaust of the supercharger. (Pipe going to the throttle body) I have called vortech and they tell me to send in the unit. Well I have sent it in 4 times (shipping is getting expensive) the first time they told me that it was a seal. Next time they said it was the pulley. Etc.... Well the last time I sent it in they said they could not find anything wrong. To check the oil drain (did that No problem has a good down slope) and check the pulley (Does not make since) I replaced the idle pulley and belt (even tried a slightly larger belt to be sure it was not a tension problem. (Nothing Changes)

When I accelerate hard I have allot of engine detonation (Pinging) I am using 93 octane gas. Beside the point when I get the unit back form vortech it runs FINE for about 200 miles (give or take) then the engine detonation comes back and the oil returns in the lines.

To give you an example, it takes about 3000 miles (oil change time) and it has used over 1 quart of oil. (There are no visible leaks) The car has about 60,000 mile and the super charger has about 10,000 (Total).

Any ideas suggestions etc will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS!
    Mike

P.S. Sorry for the long post

You have to back off your timing to stop your detonaton problem,,,, what is it set at?,,, also,, is your oil breather vent tube run to where you airfilter is?,, if so you may be spraying oil out of that and into the air intake,,, Bee

Junior SCH Member
    I am pretty sure the timing is set ok. I took my car to super chips and they checked it to the chip programing and said it was fine. ( when I clean all the oil out of the super charger, there is no engine detonaton for about 200 miles.

The oil breather vent tube " T's " in between the super charger and the throtle body. The air filter is in the right fender ( Cold air Intake) Do you think this might be a problem?

Thanks Mike

Senior SCH Member
    thats your problem... you are sucking the oil from the valve cover and into the engine
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member
    MoDo,

How would you handle this ? Remove it and see if the problem goes away?

THANKS MIKE

UPDATE:

I am pretty sure this is the problem. (being there is oil in the line from the valve cover) What can be done about this?

P.S. Any ideas on a cleaner to remove the oir from the lines super charger etc. ?

THANKS MIKE

Yeah,, run the tube to under the car,, thats what I did and I have no problems ,, Bee