Thread: Newly bought A trim has S trim specs

Junior SCH Member

Newly bought A trim has S trim specs

I purchased my V-1 A trim about 5 months ago and i was eventually thinking of doing an S trim upgrade. I was reading a past 5.0 mag and it talked about what they change, what the two look like, and the specs. Iit said that an A trim has a 2.5 inch inlet but i measured mine and it was 3.1 inch inlet like the S trim and the impeller looked exactly the same except on the outer edge it looked like they machined off about 3/8" of the fins. Other than that everything looks the same. I think im just going to precision weld on 1mm aluminum on the fins and then dremel to specs. Please comment guys on what you know or think

Senior SCH Member
    with as fast as that thing spins i wouldnt risk throwing it off balance
    --
    93 GT

SCH Member
    Your kidding right......
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Banned by Admin
    Yeah, uh, I wouldn't do that, why don't you contact Vortech.

Senior SCH Member
    ditto!!!

Senior SCH Member
    I think what you have bought is a sc trim.it has a 3.1 opening.(inducer diameter).and the impeller is smaller than an "s"..My guess is you're asking for bigggggg trouble if you weld on it..i don't see you getting the balance correct.but i could be wrong...

DEFINATELY NOT A GOOD IDEA.UNLESS YOU HAVE A WAY OF BALANCING THE IMPELLER WHEN YOUR DONE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST TAKE A SLEDGEHAMMER TO IT CAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE THE FIRST TIME IT REACHES 50,000 RPM.NOT TOO MANY CHOICES HERE, CALL VORTECH.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

Junior SCH Member
    well i am getting pretty good boost i think im just gonna stick with the way its set up and just get 2.85 pulley and 7 inch crank and stick with that thanks for scarein me a bit cause if i did cause major damage id be screwed and 10 12lbs should be enough for me